A smaller sized Festive Pie is Share with more people and have more room for the other festive food.
This is a smaller version of the Festive Pie. Just nice to share the lovely pie with more people without being too heavy.
The festive season is here! The music is in the air wherever you go. The smell of spices and the shops in the shopping malls are decorated with tinsels, Christmas trees and lights. Errrrr….. this year may be a bit different, but you do see the decorations in the supermarkets and the town highstreets as well. And of course, on-line.
Some of us would have started to bake THE CAKE and leave it carefully to mature. All to be reveal in full glory when the time comes.
Now that we are in the mood, the thought of having the Christmas dinner is very inviting.
This pie is invented by my daughter. Last year we were brain-storming and came up with a pie that has all the elements of the Chirstmas dinner.
This is so that we can enjoy it now while on our way to the actual day.
The pie was a hit in the market! So here we are making them again.
- Made with a light, short crust pastry
- Filled with layers of mash, mushroom, pumpin (butternut squash), onion, chestnut, cranberry sauce and seasoned with herbs and spices.
- An easy portable pie and can be taken anywhere for lunch or a snack.
- Has a well balanced flavour, reminding you that the special day is just around the corner.
- Wrapped in clear bags that are enviroment friendly
- A lovely pie to share when working on the Christmas chores
- Delicious as it is
- Ideal for as party food
- Makes a great tasty meal, too
- Good as a packed lunch
Sending as a gift? Customise by adding a short message. See message fields above.
How to enjoy.
As this can be frozen, it is handy to have around in the fridge or the freezer. It makes and instant meal. Just add a salad and, or, a bowl of soup and voila! Lunch is served.
- This pastry can be served cold or warm.
- To get the most enjoyment, serve warm.
Pack of 12 pasties (plant-based)
Flour (gluten), vegan quorn, vegetable shortening, mushroom, onion, chestnut, pumpkin/butternut squash, potato, cranberry sauce, vegetable oil, soy sauce (soy), rosemary, 5 spice, sage, tapioca flour, salt, pepper, turmeric, golden syrup, seasoning: soy. sesame, wheat (gluten) traces: peanuts
Allergy information: See ingredients in bold.
Storage and Heating instructions
- Upon receipt of parcel, remove and store in fridge.
- It can last 7 days from date of shipping and 10 days if stored in the fridge.
- Can be frozen. Freeze immediately upon receipt.
- As there is moisture in the filling, this pasty is best served warm.
- If frozen, defrost and heat in the oven Mark 4, 180C for 10 to 15 minutes, or until heated through
- Cool and serve.
- If you do not have time to defrost, add 5+ minutes to the heating time. The heating instructions are a guide only and depends on your oven.
The Christmas Pie you made was DELICIOUS! I like it very much.
– Rosemary, a customer from Burbage