This pasty is Try it.
A traditional Chinese Pastry with a modern make-over. A traditional but vegan pastry filling made with mung beans wrapped in an equally traditional puff pastry. It is the best of both worlds.
Sio Bao is a delicious pasty fillled with plant-based ingredients. In its original form, Sio Bao has flaky Chinese pastry filled with a delicious pork filling and oyster sauce. ‘Sio’ means to bake and ‘bao’ means dumpling. So Sio Bao is Chinese Baked Dumplings.
With my experimentation, I discover that it tastes better with puff pastry. The filling is now made with vegan quorn and vegetable sauce. It stays true to its original taste. Customers who have been to, or, from the Far East have commented that it tastes just like the original.
- A unique enjoyable taste. It is my own creation, one-of-a kind pasty which you cannot get else where.
- Light and flaky pastry
- Delicious plant-based filling with Oriental flavours
- Enjoy the taste of the traditional Sio Bao with western pastry
- The combination of the filling and pastry will astound you.
- All the pasties are hand made
- Packed in bio-degradable materials – kind to the environment
Allow 2 to 3 business days to freshly bake and ship your order.
- Delicious as it is
- Ideal as party food
- Makes a great tasty meal, too
- Good as a packed lunch
- Serve with baked beans or your favouite sides.
Sending as a gift? Customise by adding a short message. See message fields above.
How to enjoy.
As this can be frozen, it is handy to have around in the fridge or the freezer. It makes and instant meal. Just add a salad and, or, a bowl of soup and voila! Lunch is served.
- This pastry can be served cold or warm.
- To get the most enjoyment, serve warm.
Pack of 6 pasties (plant-based)
Flour (gluten), vegan quorn, vegetable shortening, vegetable oil, sesame, soy, sugar, tapioca flour, peas, beans, carrots, onions, salt, pepper, mushroom, tumeric, goldern syrup, seasoning: soy. sesame, wheat (gluten) traces: peanuts: peanuts
Allergy information: See ingredients in bold.
Storage and Heating instructions
- Upon receipt of parcel, remove and store in fridge.
- It can last 7 days from date of shipping and 10 days if stored in the fridge.
- Can be frozen. Freeze immediately upon receipt.
- As there is moisture in the filling, this pasty is best served warm.
- If frozen, defrost and heat in the oven Mark 4, 180C for 12 to 15 minutes, or until heated through
- Cool and serve.
- If you do not have time to defrost, add 5+ minutes to the heating time. The heating instructions are a guide only and depends on your oven.