A delightful harmonious taste of Enjoy it.
What is Dragon ball?
East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet.
-“The Ballad of East and West,” a poem by Rudyard Kipling.
The Dragon Ball pasty is not in agreement with this! Time has changed. The Dragon Ball Pasty in an expression of the meeting of cultures. An expression the fusion of yin and yang.
Dragon Ball, in its original form is a type of biscuit loved by the Chinese. It can be found in the far East like China, Hong Kong as well as in South-east Asia where there are Chinese communities. It is also known as Tau Sar Pneah (Hokkien dialect) or Tambun Biscuits in Malaysia. It is a famous Penang biscuit.
The biscuits are round and the size varies between a flattened tennis ball to as small as a flattened lime. It is sold in boxes and in the olden days, wrapped in paper in a long roll.
The filling is made of mung beans. It is sweet, yet salty. It personifies the duality of things: yin-yang, sweet-salty, east-west.
This biscuit has a British make-over.
Instead of the traditional Chinese flaky pastry, I use home-made puff pastry. The filling stays true to its original taste.
It beautifully describes what Nyonya culture is all about. The Chinese incorporating the Malay/Indian elements in their cooking and now I am incorporating the British element in it as well.
- Enjoy a light & crunchy pastry with the sweet and salty taste of the filling, – bliss!
- That is why it is known as yin-yang A balance of tastiness
- It is my own creation, one-of-a kind pasty which you cannot get elsewhere, lucky you
- Flavourful mashed mung beans as the filling, you get plant protein as well
- Packed in compostable clear bags – kind to the environment
- This is a small-sized pasty – around 12cm by 7 to 8cm calzone shape. weight is around 85 to 90.
Allow 2-3 business days to freshly prepare and ship the order.
- Delicious as it is
- Ideal for as party food
- Great served with tea or coffee
- Can be consumed as a breakfast or afternoon tea item
- A quick pick-me-up when you need to satisfying snack
Sending as a gift? Customise by adding a short message. See message fields above.
How to enjoy.
These pasties are normally eaten as a snack.
- It can be served cold or warm.
- To get the most enjoyment, serve warm.
Pack of 6 pasties (plant-based)
- This is a small-sized pasty – around 12cm by 7 to 8cm calzone shape, weight is around 85 to 90g Sold in bakes and in peices.
Flour (gluten), vegetable shortening, mung beans, sugar, vegatable oil, onions, salt tapioca flour, tumeric, goldern syrup
Allergy information: See ingredients in bold
Storage and Heating instructions
- Upon receipt of parcel, remove and store in fridge.
- It can last 7 days from date of shipping and 10 days if stored in the fridge.
- Can be frozen. Freeze immediately upon receipt.
- As there is moisture in the filling, this pasty is best served warm.
- If frozen, defrost and heat in the oven Mark 4, 180C for 12 to 15 minutes, or until heated through
- Cool and serve.
- If you do not have time to defrost, add 5+ minutes to the heating time. The heating instructions are a guide only and depends on your oven